Frequently asked questions
Want to know more? Try these answers, or get in touch!
Our most common questions
Founded in 2007, We Love Pets is an award-winning and bfa accredited pet care franchise company. We proudly boast 170+ branches across the UK, each offering our high standard pet care services with a welfare-first approach.
We stand head & shoulders above the competition with our successful business model, unrivalled resources and access to industry professionals, as well as ongoing training & support.
We’re unique because we offer:
- An expert support team, including an in-house vet nurse and solicitor
- Innovative technology, such as our internal social platform, company wide intranet, and customer management applications
There’s an initial franchise fee of £12,995 +VAT, which includes:
- Exclusive territory & licence
- Full business set up
- Boarding licence fee for your first year
- Training in business management, systems operation, animal behaviour & handling, and pet first aid
- Printable and digital assets
- First year insurance – to cover you, the pets, and the public
- Your own optimised webpage with continuous maintenance
- Paid marketing & advertising resources
- First 3 months of your ongoing franchise fee
We work with a government backed lender, BizBritain, who offer a 5-year payment plan to take the stress out of the initial fee. This is a really popular option for many of our franchisees, and none have been turned down!
After the initial franchise fee, there is an ongoing 10% fee of your monthly turnover which will cover:
- National marketing & advertising
- Website maintenance & innovation
- Ongoing training & support
- Advice from our in-house vet nurse and solicitor
- & more
The sky is the limit! This really does depend on how far you would like to push your business.
On average, our branch turnover figures reach:
- £4,250 by month 12
- £6,000+ by month 24
- £7,000+ by month 36
However, we have some branches that have recorded:
- average £21,000+ a month
- £16,000+ by month 24
- £3,695+ by month 4
This goes to show with the support of the head office team, we can assist you to achieve fantastic results!
We know the key to a successful franchise lies in the training, so it’s a huge part of what we do.
Prior to your launch, we provide a week-long training program at Head Office to teach you how to run your business, covering areas such as:
- Recruitment & operations
- Marketing & social media management
- Business systems
- Finance & accountancy
- Customer conversion & sales
Our motto is, “the best business owners NEVER stop learning!” So you can continue your learning journey through our:
- Online training courses, developed by animal care professionals
- Regular training reviews
- Frequent refresher webinars and tutorials
- Business boost workshops
- Annual Conference events and breakout sessions
You’ll also receive ongoing training support from our team of experts when you need it.
One of the benefits of owning a franchise is belonging to a larger support network, who are there to help you grow and thrive.
We offer continuous support from Head Office for all franchisees through a designated support hub, intranet resources, Google Ads management, an internal social platform (with a digital support assistant!), frequent network webinars, and regular phone check-ups.
Our team of professionals specialise in:
- Operations & legal
- Animal care
- Marketing & advertising
- IT & tech support
- Content creation & social media
We’re always available to answer questions and guide you in the right direction! However, our support is two-fold, as our existing franchisees are also an excellent resource for mentorship and day-to-day tips.
You’ll be connected to the entire franchise network through our unique social platform – which is ideal for sharing thoughts & ideas, asking questions, posting industry updates, and generally staying informed.