Frequently asked questions
Want to know more? Try these answers, or get in touch!
Our most common questions
Why We Love Pets?
Founded in 2007, We Love Pets is an award-winning and bfa accredited pet care franchise company. We proudly boast 170+ branches across the UK, each offering our high standard pet care services with a welfare-first approach.
We stand head & shoulders above the competition with our successful business model, unrivalled resources and access to industry professionals, as well as ongoing training & support.
We’re unique because we offer:
- An expert support team, including an in-house vet nurse and solicitor
- Innovative technology, such as our internal social platform, company wide intranet, and customer management applications
How much does a franchise cost?
There’s an initial franchise fee of £12,995 +VAT, which includes:
- Exclusive territory & licence
- Full business set up
- Boarding licence fee for your first year
- Training in business management, systems operation, animal behaviour & handling, and pet first aid
- Printable and digital assets
- First year insurance – to cover you, the pets, and the public
- Your own optimised webpage with continuous maintenance
- Paid marketing & advertising resources
- First 3 months of your ongoing franchise fee
We work with a government backed lender, BizBritain, who offer a 5-year payment plan to take the stress out of the initial fee. This is a really popular option for many of our franchisees, and none have been turned down!
After the initial franchise fee, there is an ongoing 10% fee of your monthly turnover which will cover:
- National marketing & advertising
- Website maintenance & innovation
- Ongoing training & support
- Advice from our in-house vet nurse and solicitor
- & more
How much can I earn?
The sky is the limit! This really does depend on how far you would like to push your business.
On average, our branch turnover figures reach:
- £4,250 by month 12
- £6,000+ by month 24
- £7,000+ by month 36
However, we have some branches that have recorded:
- average £21,000+ a month
- £16,000+ by month 24
- £3,695+ by month 4
This goes to show with the support of the head office team, we can assist you to achieve fantastic results!
What should I expect from training?
We know the key to a successful franchise lies in the training, so it’s a huge part of what we do.
Prior to your launch, we provide a week-long training program at Head Office to teach you how to run your business, covering areas such as:
- Recruitment & operations
- Marketing & social media management
- Business systems
- Finance & accountancy
- Customer conversion & sales
Our motto is, “the best business owners NEVER stop learning!” So you can continue your learning journey through our:
- Online training courses, developed by animal care professionals
- Regular training reviews
- Frequent refresher webinars and tutorials
- Business boost workshops
- Annual Conference events and breakout sessions
You’ll also receive ongoing training support from our team of experts when you need it.
What kind of support is offered?
One of the benefits of owning a franchise is belonging to a larger support network, who are there to help you grow and thrive.
We offer continuous support from Head Office for all franchisees through a designated support hub, intranet resources, Google Ads management, an internal social platform (with a digital support assistant!), frequent network webinars, and regular phone check-ups.
Our team of professionals specialise in:
- Operations & legal
- Animal care
- Marketing & advertising
- IT & tech support
- Content creation & social media
We’re always available to answer questions and guide you in the right direction! However, our support is two-fold, as our existing franchisees are also an excellent resource for mentorship and day-to-day tips.
You’ll be connected to the entire franchise network through our unique social platform – which is ideal for sharing thoughts & ideas, asking questions, posting industry updates, and generally staying informed.