Respect your cat day is set on March 28th and is all about celebrating your friendly feline and giving them a big thanks for all the love and companionship they have given to us throughout the years. They have been there for us throughout our ups and downs giving us support with a friendly hug, so let’s make respect your cat day purrfect! With some awesome cat treat recipes and activities you and your little lion can do together.
Yummy scrummy treats!
A Brilliant way of showing your love and appreciation is to make a yummy homemade snack!
What you will need –
- 1 can tuna in spring water, well-drained and flaked
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 table spoon of dried catnip
- 1 large egg
1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Process all ingredients in a food processor until a smooth, thick dough forms.
2. Form dough into 80 (1/4-teaspoon-size) balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and slightly flatten each ball.
3. Bake in preheated oven until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in air-tight container up to 5 days, or freeze.
Biscuits with cheese:
What you will need –
- 140 grams of grated Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons of butter or lard
- 8 heaped tablespoons of potato starch
1.Preheat the oven to 180ºC, Whisk the Parmesan, egg, and butter or lard with the mixer into a consistent mass. Afterward, slowly add the potato starch and keep mixing until the dough has a nice equal consistency.
2. Make long, thin rolls from the finished dough, roughly as thick as a little finger. Cut the rolls into pieces of the same size with a knife.
3. Spread the raw dough biscuits across a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make sure there is sufficient distance between the individual biscuits because they increase to roughly double the size due to the egg.
4. Bake the cat biscuits with cheese for around ten to 15 minutes in the oven, leave the biscuits to cool, and then you’re done!
Activities with your feline!
Another way to show your love to your kitty is definitely to spend quality time with them, there is nothing better than a good bonding session with your cat, let’s go over some ideas.
Food hunting: Just like our doggos cats also have the natural instinct of hunting, hide small amounts of food or treats throughout the house, and let your cat discover it with or without your guidance. Your cat will love it!
Cardboard boxes: Cats love to hide and play in cardboard boxes, so why not spend time together by making a cardboard fort, and watch your cat have the time of its life exploring the fort.
Cat apps: Did you know that there are apps that your cat can play? your cat can catch fish, paint, or chase lasers on a screen. If you’ve ever caught your cat watching television, you know they are enchanted by the quick movements and vibrant sounds of electronic devices.
Catnip bubbles: Watch your cat go crazy for catnip bubbles, enjoy quality time by blowing some fun and exciting catnip bubbles in the air for your feline friend to catch.